Conditions of Membership of Green Door
Established in 1995, Green Door is a self-managed, not-for-profit group of practicing, independent contemporary artists from South Lakeland and the surrounding districts.
Through our organisation, we provide exhibition, networking and professional development opportunities for all members. Artists work to their own agendas, exhibiting as individuals as well as in smaller groups or as a whole group.
Green Door is engaged in, and committed to, making contemporary art accessible to both residents of, and visitors to, South Lakeland and the surrounding area.
As a co-operative, the group relies on the time and goodwill of all the members to make things happen and expects everyone to take an active part in running the group.
As a member, I understand that I am entitled to:
- Receive regular emailed information about the group, its activities, forthcoming events and opportunities.
- Participate in an annual programme of events run by the co-operative.
- Contribute to the programme planning and delivery of the annual events programme (additional fees may be payable to participate in some events).
- Attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Join in social and professional events held by the group.
- Inclusion of my details on the Green Door website, with a link to my website, if available.
In return, I undertake to:
- Pay by standing order an annual subscription due on 1st April each year.
- Take an active role in the running of the programme of events and/or management and development of the Green Door group, by joining one of the committees or by working to support the group’s activities.
- Pay my annual subscription, and any other amounts due to the group, promptly.
- Our annual membership subscription is £60 and our membership year runs from 1 April (payable by bank transfer). We also have a student membership rate of £35 and a concessionary rate.